While the subject is sometimes hard to talk about, there are 5 key messages to get across today.
Key Messages Of World Eating Disorder Action Day
- Advocate for early intervention and evidence-based treatment.
- Affirm parents/families as key players in their children’s/loved one’s treatment and recovery.
- Call for increased diversity in research, narratives, media, and professionals working in the field, so as to uplift marginalized communities and underrepresented global regions.
- Address the lack of access to affordable, culturally competent, representative and comprehensive care among underserved populations.
- Promote that eating disorders are treatable at all ages/stages.
Spread the word today with the hashtag #WeDoActTogether or #WeDoAct2017
For more information, materials, events and education, please visit http://www.worldeatingdisordersday.org